[Soekris] net4501 with constant red LED and nothing on console - any fix?

Toby Riddell toby.riddell at prevtec.com
Wed Aug 3 12:32:07 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I have a net4501 which I was hoping to turn into a super-accurate NTP
server. However as I was nearing the end of the project FreeBSD logged
'Fatal trap 12' and reset. The net4501 failed to reboot and now after
powercycling it the red LED is on constantly and there's no activity on the
console. 'Fatal trap 12' looks like it may be cause by a hardware issue.

Is there anything I can do to fix it, or is it destined for recycling?

Thanks.

Toby