[Soekris] spontaneous reboot with large packet flows on net5501+lan1741

Andrew Atrens andrew at atrens.ca
Tue Feb 17 21:56:11 CET 2015

5A should be plenty I'd think .. but I guess it also depends on the
voltage ..

A few years ago I experienced issues with an ALIX board and a high power
Ubiquiti/Atheros-based mini-PCI card .. if memory serves I think it was
an XR-2 .. in that case though the miniPCI card would sort of brown out
and that could lock up the PCI bus leading to a kernel crash or watchdog
reset.  In that situation the issue was internal to the PUPS on the ALiX
board - a known limitation wrt how how much power could be supplied to
the miniPCI slot.