[Soekris] soekris 4801 and pfsense 2.x

Nikola Gyurov ngyurov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 23:03:56 CEST 2013

Actually, OpenBSD is slightly changing syntax over time, but the
changes from a version to another are trivial and easy to implement.
The bigest one I can remember was introduced in 4.7 with the changing
of the redirection etc.

As for the configuration generation on pfSense - while most of the
things on OpenBSD just work, working with another config rarely
happens :)
What I meant was that he can generate his config on pfSense so he'd
have a general idea of what does he need, then rewrite it to work on
OpenBSD - could be tricky, but not impossible.
A good guide to PF (if not the best) is Peter Hansteen's 'The Book of
PF', 2nd edition --> http://nostarch.com/pf2.htm

@Chris, are you actually running on 127 degC? NS (now TI) do produce
some tough hw!

These are my temp stats on the 6501-50 with two WD HDDs in the box:
$ sysctl | grep deg
hw.sensors.cpu0.temp0=34.00 degC
hw.sensors.cpu1.temp0=34.00 degC
hw.sensors.acpitz0.temp0=43.00 degC (zone temperature)
hw.sensors.acpitz1.temp0=43.00 degC (zone temperature)

Best regards,
Nikola Gyurov