[Soekris] Net6501 location of SATA ports

Peter Neubauer pneubauer at bluerwhite.org
Fri May 17 18:57:28 CEST 2013

Robin,

The SATA ports are on the corner of the board opposite the corner with
the reset button and power connector.  In other words, put the board
face up in front of you with the power connector facing you.  The SATA
ports are on the top left corner.  They're labelled J1 and J2.

For SATA power, you'll need an adapter like that sold with the Soekris
HDD mounting kit
(http://soekris.com/products/net6501/2-5-sata-hard-drive-mounting-kit-for-the-net6501-std.html).
I think my board came with this power adapter, but I could be mistaken.
The power connector is a 5 pin connector labelled JP18.  It's located
along the edge between the SATA ports and the PCIe slot, closest to the
SATA ports.

-Peter