[Soekris] Soekris boxen are not silent

RB aoz.syn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:55:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Jan Ceuleers
<jan.ceuleers at computer.org> wrote:
> Apparently so, because nobody said that they are also experiencing this.

I've experienced this on many recent computing electronics, including
my MacBook Air.  There's a slight hiss under load, even on systems
with no moving parts.  I'd put it at perhaps 10-15dB: audible but not
necessarily untenable.

Your work environment must be incredibly quiet to hear it; I have
pretty decent hearing (I tune pianos & run audio professionally) and
it doesn't annoy me.

RB