[Soekris] New model net6501 - Update

Soren Kristensen soren at soekris.com
Mon Jul 4 00:17:44 UTC 2011

Hi Michael,

Michael Sierchio wrote:
> Sorry if this has been asked before, but - will there be a HiFn card
> in a package that works with the net6501?

I have considered doing a Mini-PCI Express card, a pretty easy little
project, but the Atom E6xx should be able to do ok by itself so I'm not
sure it's a good idea to use my limited engineering time on it....

Because the next board, the net7501, will be able to do gigabit
encryption by itself.... And since I'm reusing a lot of the hardware and
software design from the net6501 it should be on time for Q2 2012
production.

You can also use a std PCI Express board, although I don't really know
what's available.

Best Regards,

Soren Kristensen

CEO & Chief Engineer