[Soekris] Net5501 + Samsung HD204UI 3.5" hdd + 1 slot standard case

Muffinman news at koster.tk
Sun Jul 3 13:26:18 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether the Net5501 can supply enough
power to feed a Samsung Ecogreen F4 HD204UI 3.5" hdd (if it helps, I
believe it has a Acoustic Management setting which, beside making it
quieter, I presume also would make it more energy efficient).
Unfortunately I couldn't find any additional info on it's power consumption.

In addition I am wondering if anyone has the 1 slot standard case for
this board and can tell me whether a 3.5" hdd would fit next to the
board (mounting the HDD with a bit of creativity).

Thanks in advance, Maarten