[Soekris] New model net6501

Soren Kristensen soren at soekris.com
Thu Jan 27 00:08:28 UTC 2011

Hi Everybody,

Ok, now things are finally moving forward quickly, I'm now deep into the
PCB layout, and if we don't run into too many problems getting parts, we
should have prototypes in early March. After that it's just testing,
some time doing the different firmware programming and then start
manufacturing....

The net6501 will basically be like the other boards, just faster, with
more memory and PCI Express expansion.

It's based on the new Intel Atom E6xx series processor, a nice little
low power part, with Intel Gigabit Ethernet controllers.

Other new goodies:

* onboard NiMH batteri charger/controller.
* 2x Mini PCI-Express sockets with mSATA SSD support
* 16 bit GPIO connected to a user programable FPGA

Details at http://www.soekris.com/net6501.htm

We're planning to do a function and cost reduced version later on, the
net6201, basically a smaller version with 2 Gigabit Ethernet controllers.

To ensure availability of low cost high quality mSATA SSD's we're
seriously considering doing our own.

And please don't ask for more details, info will come up when available.
Unless you want to buy thousands :-)

Best Regards,

Soren Kristensen

CEO & Chief Engineer