[Soekris] *BSD vs Linux

Pontus pontus at update.uu.se
Thu Apr 14 20:04:36 UTC 2011

> Here is why _we_ use *BSD:  Because the license matters for us.  The GPL
> mandates to make changes public again, publish source code and such.

This might be a technicality: but you are not required to make your
changes public under the GPL. If, and only if, you provide someone with
a binary version of your modification you are required to give them the
source, if they _ask_ for it.

Now, the reason I use OpenBSD on my soekris is that it is very well
documented and has comes with most network features I want out of the box.

Cheers,
Pontus.