[Soekris] *BSD vs Linux

Andy Michaels lego at therac25.net
Thu Apr 14 16:20:03 UTC 2011

> I'm surprised no one has said they thought it was 'better' for the role they
> need-

To be honest, both offer great tools for just about any job. Knowing
both is a good thing.

> I figured for sure there would be answers about the BSD vs GPL
> licensing...

I try to avoid religious wars, despite my inflammatory (in jest)
initial response :)

> I just installed BSD on a soekris,
> but with such a strong Linux background, I feel handicap by lack of
> knowledge- I guess I take what I know for granted

never fear, the BSD system is extremely well-documented via man pages
and docs linked from the web site.  It's one of the things I love
about BSD.

-Andy