[Soekris] *BSD vs Linux

J Sisson sisson.j at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:44:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Marc Balmer <marc at msys.ch> wrote:
> Here is why _we_ use *BSD:  Because the license matters for us.  The GPL
> mandates to make changes public again, publish source code and such.

I agree completely.  The FSF files suit regularly against companies and people
who "forget" to make their source modifications publicly available.
Well, I quit
using Microsoft products years ago because I wanted more freedom to do as
I pleased with software...now I have GPL rules to follow?  C'mon...it's the same
old song and dance, just from a new perspective.

Nah, give me BSD (and related) license anyday.