[Soekris] New to Soekris

l.rinetti@movimatica.com l.rinetti at movimatica.com
Sat Apr 2 21:42:41 UTC 2011

Thank You David
the followings are the parameters i found on the net4801 with comBIOS
ver. 1.33.
They seems appropriate for my task (just boot from the Flash in the
first partition).
I am not sure to understand the description about the BootPartition:

BootPartition = Disabled
         (default Disabled)
         (values: Disabled, 1-4)
         If set to Disabled, boot from BIOS MBR. If set to a number from 1 to 4, boot from that partition.

What is the difference between "Disabled" and "1" ?

 > show

ConSpeed = 19200
ConLock = Enabled
ConMute = Disabled
BIOSentry = Enabled
PCIROMS = Enabled
PXEBoot = Enabled
FLASH = Primary
BootDelay = 5
FastBoot = Disabled
BootPartition = Disabled
BootDrive = 80 81 F0 FF
ShowPCI = Enabled
Reset = Hard
CpuSpeed = Default

Il 02/04/2011 21.21, David Burgess ha scritto:
> 2011/4/2 l.rinetti at movimatica.com<l.rinetti at movimatica.com>:
>
>> When i choose the kernel, i got this message:
>>
>> Error 15: File not found
>
> You might try altering some of the values in the bios.
>
> http://wiki.soekris.info/What_do_all_those_BIOS_settings_do%3F
>
> in particular, check your values for FLASH, BootPartition and BootDrive.
>
> Are you using the same boot device that your friend had running?
> Soekris devices can be fussy about flash cards, with odd results.
>
> db

Luciano Rinetti
mail l.rinetti at movimatica.com
Mob. 335.7878.602

Movimatica S.r.l.
www.movimatica.com - info at movimatica.com
sede Operativa:
C.so Svizzera, 185 - 10149 Torino - Italy
Tel. +39 011 7767694 - Fax +39 011 746179