[Soekris] New models?

Soren Kristensen soren at soekris.com
Tue Dec 15 20:19:31 UTC 2009

Hi Everybody,

Maybe it's time to tell a little more.... The net6501 is moving forward
and I do expect to have hardware ready in Q1 2010, although I am known
to be an optimist :-)

The net6501 will basically be like the other boards, just faster, with
more memory and PCI Express expansion.

There will be both a 2 and 4 port gigabit ethernet version, using Intel
controllers, where the 2 ports version will be targeting small servers,
with up to 4 of them in a 1U case....

And yes, it will be based on the next generation Intel Atom processor,
the Pineview platform, in both single and dual core versions and with up
to 2 Gbyte DDR2-SDRAM soldered on.

And it will still be low power and high reliability, with passive
cooling. Ok, a tiny server with two 2.5" 10K rpm SATA drives will need a
small fan....

A new goodie will be onboard NiMH batteri charger/controller.

Best Regards,

Soren Kristensen

CEO & Chief Engineer
Soekris Engineering, Inc.