[Soekris] Voyage Linux problem

Bill Maas bill at stsx.org
Fri Oct 17 20:45:38 UTC 2008

Hi Robin,

maybe you should consider sticking with a well-documented mainstream OS
distro for the time being, i.o. trying out some specialized piece of
kit. Because A: where are you going to find a CF card with only 64 or
128 MB anyway? and B: I'm not sure why each and every single application
needs its own Linux "distribution" these days -- its becoming ridiculous
IMHO (publishing a set of config instructions or some configuration
script would probably do in most cases).

Performing a Debian TFTP install on a Soekris box is a piece of cake. If
you master apt-get and/or dselect and are willing to spend some time
searching the docs/net/howtos for setting things up, you will find your
box up and running in no time, and you will learn a lot about your
system in the process.

With plain old Debian, it's all been done before, and you will have to
look hard for something that isn't documented or answered on some Debian
forum or mailing list.

Have fun!

Bill

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 17:26 +0200, Robin Kipp wrote:
> Hey,
> Thanks a lot for this commands!!! Where can I actually find them and
> some docs on the Voyage Linux website? I've been looking through the
> wiki, but the most useful I could find there for now was the install
> guide. Btw, from experience, how close do you Voyage users think this
> distry gets to the "real" Debian Etch?
> Robin

"There is nothing to worry about" - unknown