[Soekris] Slow network connections with Voyage Linux and Soekris Net 5501

The Fungi fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Oct 17 16:34:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 06:21:26PM +0200, Alexandre Dulaunoy wrote:
> For me, the 75% is more around auto-negotiation not working
> as expected (full/half duplex).
[...]

The two are far from mutually exclusive. I often see cable problems
result in autonegotiation mismatches. Of course the difference might
be that my coworkers make a lot of cut-to-length cables, and some
are not as dilligent about proper crimping and testing procedures as
others...

However, as a previous poster indicated, if your *only* indication
of performance problems was running apt-get, then you haven't done
any real troubleshooting. There may be no problem with your network
at all, and you're simply defaulting to a poorly-chosen mirror.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi at yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi at irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);