[Soekris] How to set baudrate for serial interface?

Tue Oct 14 20:20:21 UTC 2008

hey,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 08:49:33PM +0200, Robin Kipp wrote:
> First thing I did is I upgraded it to Com Bios v1.33c and now I want to
> install Debian on it. However, I have to change the baudrate to 9600
> baud. In the bios, I tried the command set ComBaud = 9600, but that
> doesn't work :-( Can anyone please tell me the right command? Also, is
> there a list of all the commands you can issue to CB? Thanks!!!

Just read what the boards tells you (read the net4801 manual for more hints)

[snip]

comBIOS Monitor.   Press ? for help.

(see the hint? :-)

> ?
comBIOS Monitor Commands

boot [drive][:partition] INT19 Boot
reboot                   cold boot
download                 download a file using XMODEM/CRC
flashupdate              update flash BIOS with downloaded file
time [HH:MM:SS]          show or set time
date [YYYY/MM/DD]        show or set date
d[b|w|d] [adr]           dump memory bytes/words/dwords
e[b|w|d] adr value [...] enter bytes/words/dwords
i[b|w|d] port            input from 8/16/32-bit port
o[b|w|d] port value      output to 8/16/32-bit port
run adr                  execute code at adr
cmosread [adr]           read CMOS RAM data
cmoswrite adr byte [...] write CMOS RAM data
cmoschecksum             update CMOS RAM Checksum
set parameter=value      set system parameter to value
show [parameter]         show one or all system parameters
?/help                   show this help

> show

ConSpeed = 19200
ConLock = Enabled
ConMute = Disabled
BIOSentry = Enabled
PCIROMS = Enabled
PXEBoot = Enabled
FLASH = Primary
BootDelay = 5
FastBoot = Disabled
BootPartition = Disabled
BootDrive = 80 81 F0 FF
ShowPCI = Enabled
Reset = Hard
CpuSpeed = Default

> set ConSpeed 9600

> reboot
ææþx~þxx`xæàà`~~æxàxxxxxxxxxæxxàxxxøæøxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxæfæx`fxæøfxxxxxæxàxxææææà~xxxxxææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææx~xàx~xxàxxxxxxxxxxàxxàxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxàxxx~xx~xx~xx~xxàxàxxxxxæxxxxxxxxxøxxxàxàxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxøxx~xøx~xxàxàxxxxxæxxxxxxxxxøxxxàxàxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxàxxxxxxxxxàxxæx~xx~xxàxxxxxxxøxxxxxàxxxxxxxxxøxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxàxxxxxxxxàxxx~xx~xxàxxxxxxxøxxxàxxàxxxxàxxxxxæxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx~xàx~xxàxxxxxxxøxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxæxxxxxxxxxxxxxxàxæxx~xàx~xxàx