[Soekris] Radio Shack "K" Modular Connector

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Sun Oct 12 02:15:09 UTC 2008

Nice.

Yea -- I wasn't sure if there was an industry standard for DC power
connector form factors.

JameCo.com is probably the definative source (the website doesn't do it
service -- you have to get the printed catalog)

~BAS

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008, Darrick Hartman wrote:

> Brian,
>
> I do use the PCI slot in most cases and use the following power supply with
> good success:
>
> http://www.logicsupply.com/products/pw_ac_60w
>
> There are many places that sell similar external blocks like that in that
> same price range.  Rat Shack can be helpful in a pinch, but definitely over
> priced.
>
> Darrick
>
> Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
>> All:
>>
>> Also, if you forget to order a power supply and don't feel like waiting,
>> the "K" size modular connector from Radio Shack modular DC power transforms
>> seems to work.
>>
>> They max at 1.5amp/1500mA, but w/o minipci, USB, sata, it doesn't seem to
>> draw the full 3 AMPs
>>
>> Just be prepared to grab your ankles on the price.  Not sure how that place
>> stays in business.

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

     "Guilty? Yeah. But he knows it. I mean, you're guilty.
     You just don't know it. So who's really in jail?"
     ~Maynard James Keenan