[Soekris] Performance testing...

Gustavo Homem gustavo at angulosolido.pt
Sat Nov 22 19:21:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

> Also, please let me know if you think this is a worthy use of time and
> resources, or if you think it's a complete waste of time.  If anyone

It is very useful!

> from Soekris would like to chime in, what types of tests might you
> like to see?

Some interesting scenarios:

- NAT routing with a very high number NATed clients assuming 100Mpbs on both
the LAN and WAN interfaces

- Openvpn with a high number of Openvpn clients assuming 100Mpbs on both the
LAN and WAN interfaces

We use soekris net4501 regularly for small customers, so I don't know what we
could define as "high" and "very high" for Soekris boxes but it would be
interesting to know how much it can grow on the suggested scenarios.

Cheers
Gustavo

--
Angulo Sólido - Tecnologias de Informação
http://angulosolido.pt