[Soekris] OS FAQ

Bill Maas bill at stsx.org
Fri Sep 28 18:30:25 UTC 2007

Hi Esteban,

people spend a lot of time answering questions on this list, so why not
collect the answers, so next time the same question arrives, you can
reply with a simple referral. And as you pointed out, a lot of
documentation is being written anyway. The line between boosting a
companies profits for free and simply putting down a few notes about
ones experiences with some OS on some platform (which some people happen
to do for fun) is thin here. Besides, it's not said that people will buy
a Soekris box easier if they know in advance that they can't boot it of
a USB stick, or won't be able to simply plug in a 3.5" HDD. I think the
balance is OK here. I didn't mean to encourage people to start writing
installation guides, just a few facts and hints ("don't forget
about..").

Bill