[Soekris] Combination of EXT2 & JFFS2 (as RootFS) don't boot Soekris net4521

Jussi Peltola pelzi at pelzi.net
Fri Sep 28 05:50:10 UTC 2007

Hi,
On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 10:08:10AM +0530, Bhagyashri Katole wrote:
> But , I tried same kernel image to boot my computer, it worked fine ...
> All jffs2 modules got inserted properly ....  Not even that I am using same
> kernel image now...
Your computer probably isn't a Soekris - unfortunately not all "x86"
CPUs are equal, and a kernel built for a new one may not work on an
older one because of optimizations using extended instruction set
features etc.
Unfortunately debugging this kind of problem is painful since you only
get to know the kernel didn't work :)

Regards,
Jussi Peltola