[Soekris] Problem with accessing console in net4826

Nithin Kumar Dara nithind at it.iitb.ac.in
Sat Sep 8 03:25:52 UTC 2007

Hello,

Iam new to Soekris. I want to install voyage into net4826. I am trying
PXE boot. I power it using POE. When i connect the box to my PC running
ubuntu feisty fawn using a null modem. My PC has only one serial port

when i run setserial -g /dev/ttyS*  the output is as following.

/dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4
/dev/ttyS1, UART: unknown, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3
/dev/ttyS2, UART: unknown, Port: 0x03e8, IRQ: 4
/dev/ttyS3, UART: unknown, Port: 0x02e8, IRQ: 3

So i have configured minicom to connect to /dev/ttyS0 and baudrate
19200. But there is nothing  i could notice on minicom.

Could some throw light on this...where i could be doing mistake???

-nithind