[Soekris] Connecting to a net4521 from Mac OS X

Bob Camp soekris at cq.nu
Tue Sep 4 11:32:37 UTC 2007

Hi

As others have mentioned, there are a lot of ways to do the Mac to
4521 connection. I have yet to find one that *does not* work on the
Mac for basic communication.

There is one thing to be careful about. The ComBios serial flash
update uses Xmodem-CRC. The process the bios uses is "tuned" to match
the Windows Hyperterminal implementation of the protocol. I have had
odd things happen with a couple of programs, both on Windows and the
Mac. I have not chased down the issues, I just switch over to
Hyperterminal when I'm doing an update.

As long as you are not doing flash updates, you should be ok with a
*lot* of different programs.

Bob