[Soekris] Dissapearing Interface on Mini-PC Slot

Frank Cole fcole at coleinnovations.com
Thu Mar 29 22:19:35 UTC 2007

Hi Chuck,

	We've had the same issue.  The problem is with the comBIOS and how it
is handling the single chip Atheros chipset on the Ubiquity and other
Atheros single chip designs.  Our experience on average was about 1 out
of 30 power cycles the cards would not be initialized properly at/just
after POST though some boards seemed to be more frequent and some less
frequent.

	We sent a couple of cards to Soekris for them to experiment with and
hopefully come up with a fix for the soon to be released comBIOS 1.30
update.

	Keep your fingers crossed.

	And you can stop reseating the card, it doesnt really do anything other
than put wear on the card and the slot.  Been there, done that.  Only
thing we've found that really does the trick is to do a hard reset (ie
remove power and plug it back in) to correct the issue once it manifests
as soft resets from the BIOS monitor dont consistently clear the problem up.

	Hope it helps....

Frank Cole