[Soekris] POE maximum voltage?

Dave Parker daveparker01 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 02:35:10 UTC 2007

I guess I was being overly optimistic a bit on the "really easy to
answer" part; two people have recommended that I add some sort of
regulation to the voltage to keep it below 56vDC.

I'm kind of (not just kind of) out of my league on this, but I've been
thinking then that the circuit described in the "Simple Voltage
Stabilizer" section of this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_stabiliser might do the trick? My
understanding is that it would "regulate" voltage only in as much as it
would keep it from exceeding a reference voltage, which I would probably
select as 54vDC to be safe.

Do people from Soekris read this list periodically? I was kind of hoping
for an "official position" on the topic. Minus that, I guess I'll have
to see if I can build one of those circuits.