[Soekris] 4801 thats stopped responding

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Tue Mar 27 19:56:03 UTC 2007

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 10:58:43PM -0400, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
> > 	So my final option is a cold boot? Anything to do for future
> > times this happens?
>
> Well, I don't know about FreeBSD, but on Linux I use a watchdog daemon
> in combination with the hardware support present in the soekris. So, if
> the OS is really hung and the daemon doesn't get to run, the hardware
> will reboot the machine. Which, while not nice, is better than just
> having it stay there and do nothing.

Hi,

	Thanks.... I looked into this at one point, but if memory
serves me (AND IT USUALLY DOESN'T NOWADAYS) I had it set for like
30 seconds and it would reboot in the middle of running...

	I think I used both the system watchdog and the one out of
ports.. (And I think now I remember the ports one only was for
Elan Soekris ones...).

	Oops... I think I just really annoyed the system, it
seems to have stopped responding to ssh......

		Tuc