[Soekris] comBIOS update failure; connected but can't upload. help?

Soren Kristensen soren at soekris.com
Wed Mar 21 23:14:26 UTC 2007

Hi Igor & List.

Igor Sobrado wrote:

> Would it make sense suggesting a standard framing for the Soekris
> serial connections (i.e., 9600 8N1)?  Most operating systems and
> devices use eight data bits, no parity and one stop bit by default.

Sorry, will not happen:

1) That's what Soekris has standardized on, we use it in all our test
setups.

2) Sometimes we need to flash a new BIOS before shipping, and going to
9600 will double the already long download time.

3) And everybody are now used to a soekris box comes at 19200....

Best Regards,

Soren Kristensen