[Soekris] Clear screen on boot

Nick Hibma nick at anywi.com
Wed Mar 21 13:53:16 UTC 2007

Soren,

Why does the comBIOS clear the screen when booting? This is annoying for
two reasons:

1) I can't see what the last message was on the screen (the reason for
the reboot, like a panic message, etc.)

2) It doesn't work very well on a simple terminal like tip/cu (which can
be used to hop from soekris to soekris through a serial cable) if the
screen is not exactly 25 lines long. The screen gets all mixed ip.
Haven't tried it on minicom or a Windows app.

I'd appreciate it if that clear screen was removed in the next update of
the BIOS if it is not too much trouble.

Nick