[Soekris] net5501 connectivity

Bob Vaughan techie at tantivy.net
Sun Mar 18 11:20:51 UTC 2007

> All,
>
> Looking at http://www.soekris.com/Pictures/net5501_top.jpg I'm trying to
> understand what some of the connectors are for.
>
> The description says that there are two USB 2.0 ports, one external
> (bottom right, obviously) and one internal. Is this the connector
> (marked J6?) between the red LED and the CF port? What type is that?

J6 looks like the SATA port. I'm guessing that the second USB port is
down between the DE9 console port and the coaxial power jack.

> The header JP15, between the green LED and the CF port, is that a fan
> connector?

I'm guessing that it is the +5/+12 power header for the SATA port.

> What is J4? My theory is that it is a set of test points for
> manufacturing test.

I'm guessing that is it is for the second PCI slot option.. possibly also
using the 14 pin header above it for power?

> Thx, Jan

Bob Vaughan  | techie @ tantivy.net 		  |
	     | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --