[Soekris] Hi/fn cards and SSH...

Austin Murphy austin.murphy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 13:34:53 UTC 2007

On 3/15/07, Andy Michaels <lego at therac25.net> wrote:
> I found a thread from 2004 on the OpenBSD mailing lists about an issue
> where SSH connections with high volume traffic caused dropped
> connections on a Soekris 4801.  Does anyone know if this issue is
> resolved?  I'm hoping with 3 years in between, the issue has died.  I
> ask because we are about to purchase 2 4801s and 2 1411 mini-PCI cards.
>   If there's an issue with OpenSSH, then this will not suit our needs.

I have 2 net4801's running OpenBSD, 3.9 and 4.0.  When I put in the
vpn1411 card I get problems with OpenSSH.  "Corrupted MAC on input" is
the error.  It does not seem to have anything to do with the system
load.  I don't know if it is a hardware or software problem, but maybe
OpenBSD 4.1 will fix it.

Austin