[Soekris] 1u case + 4801 + RS-232 board?

Bob Camp soekris at cq.nu
Mon Jun 25 11:48:09 UTC 2007

Hi

One possibly un-acceptable solution would be USB serial dongles. They
are nice for a console server because you can "spread out" the
cabling. Depending on the size of your system that may or may not be
an advantage.

I have used Rocket Port cards in the past and they have done well for
me. The drivers on FreeBSD 6.x are broken at the moment.

With both solutions you need to think about how much serial traffic
you will have. The "pipe" is only just so big ....

Bob Camp