[Soekris] CompactFlash Card I/O error

tzzhc4 tzzhc4 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 04:56:30 UTC 2006

Did you ever figure out the issue with this? I am getting the same errors
with Debian Sarge on my net4801 with a new 4GG CF card (previously I had a
340mb microdrive which worked without issue). The box runs fine for a while
then hangs dumps errors about DMA:

ma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x01

Then I get a few screens of I/O errors:

end_request: I/O error, dev hdb, sector 3246045
end_request: I/O error, dev hdb, sector 3246053
end_request: I/O error, dev hdb, sector 3246013
end_request: I/O error, dev hdb, sector 3273173
end_request: I/O error, dev hdb, sector 3226125

I have reformatted without issue, tried reloading, also tried the drive in a
box other then my Soekris but could NOT get the error to happen. It only
happens when the CF is running in Soekris.

Any ideas?