[Soekris] 4826 and Power over Ethernet

Stephen Patrick Stephen.Patrick at cablefree.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 19:42:39 UTC 2006

AFAIK the difference is "power on the data pairs" or "power on the spare
pairs".
Many commercial AP's cope with either.
I think Soekris only copes with "power on spare pairs", which is the
"midspan" solution.
That's why it doesn't work connected to a switch, but does when connected to
an injector

Regards

Stephen

Cablefree Solutions Ltd,
Holly House, St. Clare Business Park, Holly Road,
Hampton Hill, Middlesex, TW12 1QQ, UK
Tel: +44(0)20 8941 7975
Fax: +44(0)20 8941 2410
Web: www.cablefreesolutions.com