[Soekris] soekris on battery

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Oct 24 20:29:36 UTC 2005

In message <A3060F8064AF1C4C952BB81E7E98BEA61D1272 at slammer.intern.ctparadigm.be
>, "Kevin Thackray" writes:

>Has anyone have tried to run soekris on batteries (I'm using NET4521) : =
>I need to be able to unplug the soekris from AC for few minutes and =
>re-plugged it again, so the battery doesn't need to have a big uptime?
>Any thoughts or ideas are very welcomed,

A 12 volt sealed lead acid with a trickle charger.

If you're into DYI:
	http://phk.freebsd.dk/soekris/ups/

Otherwise by a PSU which knows how to:
	http://www.ibexmfg.com/

Depending how often you need it to be able to cope you might also
consider a nimh battery and a trickle-charger, but the lead acid
is likely to be both easier and cheaper.