[Soekris] CF Master/Slave issue workaround on 4801

Zac Bowling zac at zacbowling.com
Sun Oct 23 05:21:26 UTC 2005

yeah. Exactly.. a lot has been on the mailing about bad CF cards that
always force to being slave, but if you do that you can get around it
and boot right off your slave.

I got around it by setting up the bios to boot from 81 first and boot
strapping lilo so it would install on the device but with with the
root as /dev/hdb.. seems to solve it all.

 Pebble (and similar) I wish would update their install scripts to let
you choose the name of the root drive but I can send you instructions
to do it manually.

Zac

--
Zac Bowling