[Soekris] AVM A1 Passive ISDN Card

Andrew Gordon arg-bsd at arg.me.uk
Wed Oct 12 21:04:45 UTC 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 soekris-tech-request at lists.soekris.com wrote:
> Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:59:16 +0200
> From: Alex Bihlmaier <thalunil at kallisti.de>
> Subject: [Soekris] AVM A1 Passive ISDN Card
>
> anyone tried this ISDN pci card in a soekris box?
> I use a net4801 and after powering it on with the plugged pci card
> L13 near the CF slot gets quite hot and the system cuts it of from the
> electricity.

As others have noted, you have a AVM A1 version 1 card, which is not
compatible with Soekris and indeed will only physically fit if you put it
in upside down.

However, the AVM A1 _version_2_ card does work fine in a Soekris (I have
one in a NET4501).  In a NET4501, the amount of +5V power available on the
PCI slot is only marginally enough for this card - it worked OK when I
tried it, but I was not happy with the load on the linear regulator, so I
went with an external +5V supply (and that unit has been in service now
for several years).  With a NET4801 there is plenty of +5V available and
so the rev2 card should be OK without any special attention.