[Soekris] Trouble with 4801 (different Geode serial -> malfunction)
nolivier at alphalink.fr
Tue Mar 22 10:23:07 UTC 2005
We encounter a serious problem with some of our seokris 4801 and linux.
On the 4801 with the Geode 4S418AM (serial at bottom left of the cpu):
- the flash is recognized as hdb
- the first boot runs well.
- at second boot, we see a "li" after BIOS and we'r flooded with 0 and 1
On the Geode 4S42AG with the exact same distro:
- the flash is recognized as hda, as usual
- the first boot runs well, and so on the other boots
The distro was also running without problem on the 4501 serie.
If anyone knows about this problem, or about a BIOS update correcting this, it would really be appreciated as we've got a lot of 4S418AM, and they
must be set up quickly for customers.
More information about the Soekris-tech