[Soekris] Mikrotik on Soekris net4826-40, problem with netinstallation

Sebastian Inacker inacker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 13:46:52 UTC 2005

Hello.

I have a problem with installing Mikrotik (http://www.mikrotik.com/)
on a Soekris net4826-40 via netinstall.

I received the IP-address (which I configured within the Mikrotik
netinstall-programm) over the network. According to the documentation
(http://www.mikrotik.com/docs/ros/2.8/guide/netinstall) "there will
appear a new entry in Routers/Drives list" after that. But that does
not happen here - I can't install the software, which is bad as you
certainly can imagine.

Can somebody help me there with a hint to get the Mikrotik software
onto the soekris? (It seems to work on 4801, see this list - but I
can't use a CF-card for example...)

Many thanks in advance,
Sebastian