[Soekris] External ACCESS.BUS on 4801

George McCollister georgem at novatech-llc.com
Fri Jul 22 22:05:31 UTC 2005

Is there an ACCESS.BUS controller on the 4801 which is exposed for
connecting to external devices? It appears that the SC1100 has two
ACCESS.BUS controllers (OpenBSD gscsio). There also appears to be an
ACCESS.BUS controller on the PC87366. As far as I can tell the
ACCESS.BUS lines on the PC87366 (pin 54 and 55) are brought out to pin
15 and 16 on the 4801's JP5 connector. Is there access to the
controllers on the SC1100 or just the PC87366, or am I completely confused?

Are any of these controllers actually usable on the 4801? Do drivers exist?

Ultimately I want to use ACCESS.BUS to communicate with a micro
controller (maybe pic) in FreeBSD 5.3. It would be nice if I didn't have
to do any real work and just use existing drivers, but I could always
port drivers from another OS or even write them myself....

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,
George McCollister
NovaTech LLC

received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.