[Soekris] MAC Address? What MAC address?

Joshua Ferraro jmf at kados.org
Wed Jul 20 19:40:59 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I could swear I've read a dozen times that the way to get the MAC
address for an interface on the Net 4801 is to boot from said
interface. But when I try that I don't get the MAC listed. So
what's the deal? :-)

Here's what I get when I boot from f0:

> boot f0

NSC DP83815/DP83816 Fast Ethernet UNDI, v1.03
Copyright (C) 2002, 2003 National Semiconductor Corporation
All rights reserved.

Pre-boot eXecution Environment  PXE-2.0 (build 082)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000  Intel Corporation

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting MacPhyter PXE ROM.

No Boot device available, enter monitor.

comBIOS Monitor.   Press ? for help.