[Soekris] sensors data - Temperature

Jim Cromie jcromie at divsol.com
Wed Jul 20 14:24:50 UTC 2005

Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 16:16 -0600, Jim Cromie wrote:
>

>>the temp isnt right - right after booting, it reads 97'C IIRC.
>>heres the formulas in the sensors.conf:
>>

>Did you forget to run `sensors -s` prior to reading the values?
>
>./Brix

I did not forget.  When I 1st installed your file, and ran 'sensors'
the numbers were quite insane, untill I ran 'sensors -s' once.
After I did, they looked pretty good / logical. (hint for Carlos)
Since then (6/24), the numbers look mostly good,
and Im just now getting around to a closer look.

The only oddities are Temp - as noted,
and Fan - the 'ignore' directive seems to be, well, ignored.
I havent looked into whitespace issues, or even a parse-debug flag
in i2c sensors.

At some point, I'll try to rationalize your sensors.conf with Farid's
numbers from FreeBSD.  At least, hes got signal names that are more
meaningful:

avi0 -> unreported  (though apparently meaningful, at 3v ?)
avi1 -> VCORE
+5V ->  VCC  (but your name is more descriptive - seeing the 5v rail at
4.3v is instantly recognizable)

avi4  -> +12v
avi5  -> -12v   (Farid, youre calculating out 48v, certainly disagreeing
with your label - telecom battery ? ;-)
avi6  -> GND  (Um, how could GND be anything but 0 :-P

you seem to agree on labels:  VPWR, Vsb, Vdd, Vbat, AVdd
but disagree on measurements for AVdd,
                         formulas for:  Vdd

Farid, does FreeBSD hard-code those numbers ?
if so, can you provide a specific link from http://fxr.watson.org/ ??

tia
jimc