[Soekris] CompactFlash and their length of life

Marius Korsmo marius at korsmo.org
Thu Jul 14 10:43:38 UTC 2005

CF's don't live forever, and can "only" take around 1 million writings. This is
scary, but has anyone really had a problem with a dead CF because it wrote more
than 1 million times? As far as I know, running a firewall won't requires many
writings, but what about running a web/ftp/mail server? To me 1 million
writings is just a number, but what about time? How long will it last? Any
idea?