[Soekris] installing lan1641 in a server

Wim Vandeputte bunbun at kd85.com
Sun Jan 23 16:31:08 UTC 2005

Dear David,

The lan1641 actually ships with a fitting bracket:

http://soekris.kd85.com/images/tn/DSC02717.JPG.html

And the lan1621 ships with a full height and low profile bracket:

http://soekris.kd85.com/images/tn/DSC02715.JPG.html

If you ever intend to screw the cards into a soekris case like the 4801
with 5 ports or a custom case (like
http://soekris.kd85.com/images/tn/DSC02458.JPG.html), remove the bracket,
insert it in the removed 4501 or 4801 board, slide both in the
case and fasten the screws:

http://soekris.kd85.com/images/tn/DSC02718.JPG.html

To prevent the board from making contact with the case, use a small rubber
tab:

http://soekris.kd85.com/images/tn/DSC02719.JPG.html

Wim.