[Soekris] Net4801 and debian

Joshua Ferraro jmf at kados.org
Thu Jan 20 17:07:01 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install debian on my net4801 using the guide here:
http://www.cheapnet.net/~mike/soekris/
This guide is for the 4501 so I assume that's where my problem is
but here's what's happening.  I've got my host machine set up with
the files at that web address ... the soekris boots, gets a dhcp
address, grabs the whole pxelinux.0 file (I checked with ethereal)
and then promptly drops off the network and the serial terminal
freezes.  I get no errors so I'm not really sure what's wrong.
Could it be that it can't read the pxelinux.0 file correctly and
as a result doesn't know where to grab the default file from?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joshua