[Soekris] Strange problem with net4801

Horst Laschinsky horst.laschinsky at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Jan 19 02:00:38 UTC 2005

Jim Shankland wrote:

> (1) 1 Mbyte/sec is actually about right for tftp, which is a "stop
> and wait" protocol using 512 byte packets.  It's just not designed
> for maximum performance.

Thanks for that information. I never really examined the tftp pro-
tocol. I now switched to "normal" ftp and have transfer rates of
about 7-8 MBytes/s. Thats quite OK.

But still I do not understand the scp-effect.

However... thank you very much!

Horst

--
                             Horst  Laschinsky
        Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg - Physikalisches Institut I