[Soekris] 1621 and 1641 cards under Debian stable/woody

Chris Evans chris at psyctc.org
Mon Jan 10 15:42:44 UTC 2005

I'll risk my first post as a not very techy amateur sysadmin.  I've
had a look at the archives and can't see an answer to my question in
recent months (searchable archives would be great: have I overlooked
them?)

I currently have a small home network behind an ADSL router and want
to replace the firewall ethernet card with a multiport, the 1621 and
1641 look very good value and Soekris clearly has a reputation for
Linux support that gives me hope.  However, I'm a doctor, researcher
and psychotherapist and keeping my system up is something I manage
because no-one else would (not at a price I could afford!), it's not
my expert area so some questions.

A) Can anyone vouch for these cards working under Debian Woody?  I
see that the www page says they run under Linux but can find no more
details on the Soekris site.  Again, sorry if I'm missing the
obvious.

B) If the answer to (A) is "yes"?  What's involved for me to get them
running?!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

PSYCTC: Psychotherapy, Psychology, Psychiatry, Counselling
   and Therapeutic Communities; practice, research,
   teaching and consultancy.
Chris Evans & Jo-anne Carlyle
http://psyctc.org/ Email: chris at psyctc.org