[Soekris] prism2 card with flashable firmware for use in 4501?

Richard Johnson rdump at river.com
Sun Jan 9 01:49:33 UTC 2005

I've got a pair of D-Link DWL-520s (rev A w/ firmware 1.3.4, and rev B w/
firmware 1.3.6) that I'm using with OpenBSD in a couple of net4501s.

I'd prefer a newer version of the prism firmware (minimum 1.6.3), so I can
set an enhanced security mode (wicontrol -E 3).  However, D-Link's tier 1
and 2 support insists that there's no facility for updating the firmware on
the DWL-520 cards.

If there is indeed no way to flash these, what alternative PCI prism2 cards
should I consider for my 4501s?

Richard