[Soekris] Board dimensions

Stuart Henderson stu at spacehopper.org
Fri Jan 7 13:49:03 UTC 2005

> Ditto to that. A lot of our boxes are mounted very close to the
> antennas - which means often in a dark and dusty attic. Quite a lot
> of people have one or two of the little black screws knocking
> around in their roof joists after I tried to tighten them up by
> torchlight up in the loft, and fumbled one.

If you're opening them up to swap CFs, why not work out a pxe-based
upgrade system? (I can't think of many other reasons to open them
in-situ).

It could easily be hosted on a 4526 ...boot, start up dhcpd/tftpd,
flash the error led when it's ready, send some ^P out the serial port
and 'boot f0' when the prompt comes up...