[Soekris] Board dimensions

Andy Holyer andyh at hhbb.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 10:49:30 UTC 2005

On 4 Jan 2005, at 05:07, Trevor wrote:

> On Monday 03 January 2005 19:10, Seth Rothenberg wrote:
>> As long as we are making suggestions, it would be
>> nice if the case could be assembled easily.
>>
>> What I mean is, the grooves on the (45xx) case don't interlock
>> until it is almost closed (haven't seen 48xx case yet).
>
> I find the net4801's case... awkward. Not difficult, not annoying, or
> anything like that (I'm just glad they had an option to purchase a
> case!). But still, awkward none-the-less. I wonder if all the cases are
> more or less the same? (I only have a net4801)

Ditto to that. A lot of our boxes are mounted very close to the
antennas - which means often in a dark and dusty attic. Quite a lot of
people have one or two of the little black screws knocking around in
their roof joists after I tried to tighten them up by torchlight up in
the loft, and fumbled one.

Snap-fit, or captive screws would help matters a lot.
---
Andy Holyer, Systems Administrator
Hedgehog Broadband, 11 Marlborough Place Brighton BN1 1UB
08451 260895 x 241