[Soekris] [Fwd: Re: [syslinux] NOCONSOLE feature request not obsoleted by BIOS upgrade]

Jim Cromie jcromie at divsol.com
Wed Jan 5 03:14:27 UTC 2005

Soekris-Linux users,

hpa has released syslinux-3.02-pre3, with a CONSOLE 0 option, which
should quiet the escape-sequence stuff going to serial port.

My box is at soekris atm for repair of power supply,
so can somebody else give it a try ?

Title:          syslinux
Version:        3.00
Entered-date:   2004-12-30

                operating system which operates off Linux ext2/3
                filesystems, MS-DOS FAT filesystems, network servers
                using PXE firmware, or from CD-ROMs.  The FAT
                filesystem version can be installed from DOS, NT, or
                Linux.

                It includes a sophisticated API for add-on "COM32"
                modules, including a significant subset of the
                standard C library.

                It also includes MEMDISK, a tool to boot legacy
                operating systems from nontraditional media like PXE
                or CD-ROM.