[Soekris] Uh - oh - My CF socket is PRI Slave?!?!

Mike Ireton mike-soekris at tiedyenetworks.com
Wed Jan 5 02:09:22 UTC 2005

Howdy,

I have a new out of the box 4801. After installing my cf card and
powering up, I see that the system thinks this CF is the primary slave -
confirmed both in the combios boot up message (pri sla ...) as well as
linux boot time messages showing only 'hdb'. I have never seen this
problem before and have nothing else attached to the system, just the cf
card, serial cable, and power. The CF card is one I don't normally use -
an 8m lexar model which proudly proclaims 'usb enabled...' whatever that
means. Any ideas anyone?